Monday, May 10, 2010

EDC 668 Blog Post - Week #1

Identifying opportunities for change. How do you know when change is needed? How do people become passionate about change?

When I think about change, it seems that it can apply to many entities. In the sense of making a change in society, I am always asking myself "How am I going to be the best servant to make this world a better place?" Making this world a better place requires quite of bit of "change."

In order to make change in this world, we have to change ourselves which may require several minutes, hours, days, months, years of deep thoughts and reflection. How I am today is not always what I will be tomorrow or the near future but, I honestly feel that my past decisions that I didn't like help guide me now as a reminder of things not to do going forward. Each day of living is another way of looking at another blessing that God has given me to make a difference within myself, family, friends, and the world.

Change is needed when a repetitive action is ongoing and the results are the same whereas you're expecting something different. In the business world, processes may require change when productivity is down or overwhelming due to a demand that is greater than expected. When you want to lose weight, you may change your habits (i.e., eating, sleeping, exercising, etc.,) so you can work for a more healthier lifestyle and legacy.

People become passionate about change when they support an idea that may affect many moreso themselves. Change is inevitable and you always have to expect it to occur. Again, people are passionate about it more when they have a support system to rely on from others who believe in the same change. We can only hope that the change(s) made are positive and support wise, thought-out decisions for the best of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment