Sunday, March 7, 2010

Checking on my father (DAD)

As I type this, I just had to take a moment of my time to reflect on how great God is...!  Two days ago, my father was in the hospital (ER) at Womack Army Hospital on Ft. Bragg, NC.  He told my mother that he felt that he was having a lost of breath and he was having chest pains for weeks but, he didn't want my mother to worry.  He allowed my brother to take him to the hospital to get these symptoms checked out.  He's left the hospital several hours later after the EKG showed no alarming issues.  So, my brother took him home.

Quick background:  My father is a retired CW3 Army Officer who has always been a hard worker.  He served in the US Army for 22 years.  Currently, he is a lead welder at an employer that he has been working for at least 16 years.  Over the years, he has been commuting back and forth 60+ miles roundtrip on a daily basis.  He's dedicated to his faith, family, and friends.

I went to Fayetteville, NC to surprise my father this weekend and it gave us a great time to spend some time to just catch up and chit-chat about old times and present times.  There was a great amount of laughter to share and I'm so glad that I chose to go see my father rather than having someone ask if I was coming home.  Regardless, it was a no-brainer for me to go and check on my DAD.

I can assure you that it was well worth my trip to see my father, mother, and brother this weekend.  I got a chance to hang out with DAD, see a few of my classmates from high school, and watch UNC vs "UMAKEMEPUKE" DUKE.  Although UNC didn't win, I had a great time hanging out with my friends.

Lastly, my dad and I had a great chat about our health and how important it is to take care of ourselves going forward.  I am participating in a Health Challenge at my school to live a healthy lifestyle and I suggested to my dad to just take it easy as instructed by the doctor.  Again, my father is doing fine and I'm thankful that all is well with him.  Thank God for grace and wisdom.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment