Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Best Teacher Award" goes to...

It's Thursday, May 27, 2010 and this is the day that I planned to provide refreshments for my students for working very hard and making my 1st year at Phillip O. Berry a memorable one.  This is one of my rewards for my students who work hard and play hard.  Again, each of my class periods had refreshments and each of the students had took a moment to express their experiences in my class(es) and what they learned.  Let me just say they were very thankful for me being their teacher this year and some were saddened to the fact that they couldn't take the same class again for credit. (smile)  The kicker to this day was when my students presented me with a small token of appreciation in a form of a certificate and a huge carnival lollipop.  The certificate says "Best Teacher Award" goes to Mr. Flowers.

Here's a picture of me showing how happy I was to receive this award: 

This let me know that I don't teach for the $$$$ nor for the decision makers in our district.  I truly serve as an educator to help our students learn and prepare them to be future leaders in technology.  My students will always have a special place in my heart for their gratitude.

Thank you God for allowing me this opportunity to serve as an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment