Friday, May 28, 2010

Senior Awards Day Presenter...

On Friday, May 28, 2010, I was asked to fill-in as the awards presenter for our Academy of Information Technology.  It was more of an honor than just a task to do for the 2010 graduating class of Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology.

Funny moment:  As a fill-in, you're not going to be on the program and they are going to call out a name of the individual to present but you have to introduce yourself instead.  I wasn't nervous and I had fun presenting the awards for the top seniors in the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS), IT Courses, and Cardinal Connection broadcast team.

At first, I thought I had to present once but, I had to present 3 times.  So, imagine yours truly getting up in front of the audience once as someone else and 2 more times as myself.  I'm so glad that I wore my GQ tailored suit to look presentable regardless if I would have fumbled on my words or not. (smile)

Overall, it was a great program and it was great to see that my students that I had an opportunity to teach were receiving awards and scholarships.  This graduation class had been awarded a total amount of $4.5 million dollars of scholarship monies.  Again, I am very proud of them and I am honored to be one of their teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment