Wednesday, December 16, 2009

EDC 633 - Learning Theorist Final Project


Assignment Prompt:

Ok, the SL project is off (unless you really wanted to do it - then go ahead)

Here is the alternate:

1. Choose something that people learn how to do. Could be anything, from baking a cake to snow skiing. Something you know how to do, to something you know little about.

2. Create a lesson or lesson plan for learning to do the thing from #1 that represents how your theorist would teach someone to do it.

3. You will be graded on the following:

How well does it reflect the theory?

How creative is it?

How cool is it?

Does it represent your best effort for a class at this level, given the number of days you have to invest?

4. I'll leave it to you as to how to present to everyone. Please let me know how I can be of assistance.
This lesson plan is structured with the situated learning philosophy of Etienne Wenger in mind. One of the critical aspects of successful learning is its practical focus that can be maintained through situated learning model.

My Response:

Lesson Plan Presentation Tool: Prezi (http://www.prezi.com/)
URL of Lesson Plan: http://prezi.com/4mmpzsm1_sat

Reflection: While composing my lesson plan for this final project, I reflected back to my undergraduate years where I learned about PC Components and Operating Systems for the 1st time. My professor allowed us to "dig" in with hardware and software. He wanted us not to worry about breaking something. This type of learning made it easy for my classmates and I to maintain interest.

My initial look at Prezi: I was introduced to Prezi by one of my co-workers and she stated that this Web 2.0 tool was very dynamic and simple to use. To get started, I viewed the tutorials to become more familiar with this tool. Shortly afterwards, I just started adding text and pictures.

Woolah! Again, this tool is great! I felt like "a kid in a candy store" and so will you. ;-)

Have fun and be a contributor through your community of practice (CoP).
Again, thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment